Friday 3 February 2012

Robots in disguise- Band review

Robots in disguise are a female electropunk band formed in 2000 made up of three female musicians. Dee Plume- Vocals and guitar, Sue Denim- Vocals and bass and Gemma Hill- drums. They currently have 3 albums and have recently played a gig in Istanbul. They were recording a fourth album but unfortunately ran out of money to complete it, late 2009 which I was very sad to hear about.
Robots in disguise or RiD as some people call them are a very talented band which aren't very well known, quite a shame really for 3 very talented girls who don't get the recognition they deserve and then you get Beyonce and Rihanna doing pretty much the same genre- nothing new.  (Not slating Beyonce or Rihanna, just stating a fact). The world needs to stop being so close minded when it comes to music, change is good, being different is good!
Sue Denim has started her own solo project- Sue and the Unicorn and she's released an amazing song called Brewster McCloud to listen to it click this link: http://soundcloud.com/thevelvetonion/sue-the-unicorn-brewster I'm sure you'll enjoy it as much as I did!
Dee Plume also has her own solo project- psycho Delia, she DJ's around London for those of you who enjoy dancing and live in London, if you hear about Dee doing a gig you should defiantly go! Gemma Hill also has her own website where she teaches people how to drum and you can click here to find out more information.
I asked my twitter followers what they think and @Emilylovesbowie says 'They are the mother fudging electro girls that complete me' and I have to agree with her!
I'd love to hear about more Robot in Disguise gigs around the UK and I hope they get back on their feet and into the studio soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment