Thursday 23 February 2012

The Jellyfox Meets the Fieldmouse

So I needed something interesting to write so I thought I'd tell you lovely readers about the time I met Noel Fielding. It was in October- October 15th to be exact and it was in Bonny Scotland (Sconny Botland as I call it). I had won 2 wristbands from the TVO competition which they held for the signing- he was promoting his new book 'The Scribblings of a Madcap Shambleton' and he'd decided to come do a signing in Edinburgh.
I was with my friend, Effy, and we'd woken up at 5am to get ready for a 2 hour train journey at 7! I was wearing grey skinnies, my knee high trainers, my pokemon top, a FAKE fur coat and a FAKE fur hat. I had also drawn whiskers on my face as well.
Me and Effy befriended 2 scottish girls, Rachael and Kerry who we stood at the front of the queue with, yes we were at the front and they'd told us they'd been waiting since 11pm! Anyway the doors of Urban Outfitters (where the signing was) opened at 11am and me and Effy got placed on the stairs, fairly near the front of the signing desk of which Noel will be sat at after he painted the window.
Me and Effy also got given a copy of Scribblings for winning the TVO comp which was amazing! Anyway at around quarter past 12 Noel and Dave emerged from the lower floor of the high street shop and EVERYONE screamed with delight! Noel was wearing his bright yellow 'I <3 art' onsie as seen in episode 2 of Luxury Comedy! Noel said 'I feel like a giant tellytubby' which made us giggle
He painted what I think was him and Dave attached to a plant pot, and then lot's of little boosh skeleton things at the bottom of the window, it looked like this.


Isn't it amazing?! I thought so when I saw it! Anyway once Noel and Dave had completed this amazing painting they left so Noel could clean up and have something to eat, everyone was beginning to become impatient until we heard a cheer from the people at the top of the stairs and the signing had began! By the time me and Effy had got to meeting Noel my eyes were streaming and I couldn't breathe! Noel even sat me in his chair to help me calm down which made me VERY happy indeed!
After I had calmed down I'd shown Noel my drawing iof 'Paul the Flamingo Horse' which he LOVED and I proposed to him with a bounty, he said yes of course. I recall him saying that I looked like a gone wrong huskey and that he thought I was cute and had an amazing fashion sense! Dave was really kind too! He gave out haribos to everyone and was geniunely nice to me when I was having my panic attack!
We also got a photo with Noel, we got told off for standing behind the desk and as I stood next to Noel I felt his warm breath against my neck as he whispered 'You broke the rules, but I don't mind, you're lovely' and so here is the photo

Me, Effy and Noel! (He wore that top on the episode of buzzcocks when they painted their faces;))


No comments:

Post a Comment