Saturday 11 February 2012

1 Direction- westlife wannabes?

Everyones heard of Westlife being the typical boyband image so are 1 direction following in their footsteps with the corny love songs and the 'pretty boy' hair do. They came third in xfactor  2010 and it was the fangirls/fandom named the 'directioners' which got them their fame today.
The boy band consists 5 18-20 year old boys, Harry Styles, Liam Payne, Zayn Malik, Niall Horan and Louis Thomlinson. When they announced tour dates the tickets sold out within 10 seconds, showing you how competitive the 1D fandom is where as with other fandoms you don't get that competition. Also I thought a group was meant to be equal? Why do Harry, Liam and Louis get the most solo parts? What about Zayn and Naill. It's simply not fair.
The only reason these boys are as big as they are now is because of their 'pretty boy' image with the chinos and the long/curly type hair and then you get bands like Robots in disguise (female band, I know but making the same point I think) who work their tiny little arses off and are barely noticed. Is this seriously what the music business has come down to? Pretty boys and pimped up tangoed girls. That's not the music I once knew.
My helpful twitter followers have even bothered to help me with this review. @MrsMcintyre_x says 'they're trying too hard. They annoy me and I'm sick of them' and @Scribblingchild just says 'shit' which pretty much sums them up, if I'm being honest.

No comments:

Post a Comment