Thursday 2 February 2012

The Arctic Monkeys- band review

The Arctic Monkeys are an English Indie rock group formed in 2002 from Sheffield the band consists of 4 men Alex Turner- Vocals, lead guitar, Jamie Cook- Lead/Rhythm guitar, Matt Helders- drums and Nick O'Malley- bass guitar. One of this bands most famous songs are 'I bet that you look good on the dancefloor' which is from the album 'Whatever I say I am, that's what I'm not'
This band seem to be in the magazine 'NME' a lot and many people know of their songs. Some people think this band is a 'hipster' band because EVERYONE listens to them- I disagree, yes everyone listens to them, but it's because their music is good. People listen to music if they enjoy it and if them having such a large fanbase makes them hipster then that means food and breathing is 'hipster' too.
Singer Alex Turner doesn't know when they're going to be back in the studio making a new album and he's thinking about taking a break year off to think of new material.
One thing I enjoy most about this band is the way they play, they play their own style- most bands now copy off other bands but these guys don't. I'd recommend this band to anyone who likes Indie rock or Kasabian.

No comments:

Post a Comment