Thursday 16 February 2012

Requested- Sweet Review!

James Pilkington's 'Sweet' is a short film about a man named Pete Sweet's love life. Pete is played by none other than Noel Fielding and he's constantly narrating the film as it goes along. His best friend is called Stitch played by Julian Barratt and they're on a night out with Dave (Toby Walton) who has brought his imaginary sister, Poppy, along with him. Her and Pete end up falling in love even though she's imaginary. Pete Describes Poppy as short dumpy and ginger, whereas his 'type' is tall, skinny and brunette.
There is a LOT of sex scenes in Sweet, so not appropriate for younger Noel Fielding fans, anyway, one day out of the blue Poppy tells Pete that she's pregnant causing Pete to overreact so Poppy puts their sex life 'on hold' which annoys Pete. He tries masturbating and phone sex but none of that worked, until he met Daisy. Pete then starts seeing Daisy behind Poppy's back whilst Poppy was still ignoring him.
Poppy then comes clean to Pete by telling him she only told him she was pregnant to see how he'd react, but he continued with the affair anyway.
Stitch, his so called best friend, tells Daisy about the affair causing Pete, Poppy and Daisy to have a 3 way relationship, until Daisy runs away with Poppy, causing Pete to have a fight with Stitch but in the end, Pete and Stitch become lovers.
For a 10 minute film this surely packs a lot in about Pete's life, people who are fans of Noel Fielding adore this film as there's a lot of clips where Noel is almost naked. You dirty Perverts you. This film is a funny film as well as it's about a guy with an imaginary girlfriend- in real life if you saw a guy talking to thin air, you'd think they were mad, which is why this films so fun.
This review was requested by an anonymous source on my tumblr and they sort of gave me their opinion on it, they said: 'I'm not too sure what I thought about Pete Sweet, all I know is that at the end of it, I was slightly turned on' and as always, my twitter followers have given me their opinion on the film. @Steeeelxox says 'hilarious, would've been better if Noel was completely naked though' which made me laugh and @MarrylaNuit tells me 'It's one of the best things ever... Does that make me a 'parfart'' I'm afraid it does.
Sweet is a good film, it's just not a good film for families to sit down and watch together, I recommend it, but only if you're 13+ because any younger, would just be... Well watch it and judge for yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment