Monday 5 March 2012

Homophobes. It's the 21st century WAKE UP.

Hello Jellyfoxers. I'm going to be ranting again today! Yay! Enjoy!
My rant today is on Homophobic or people with NIMBY syndrome. (NIMBY stands for Not in my backyard, I'll explain further on in the rant ok) anyway, what is so wrong with being Gay/Bisexual/Pansexual anyway? It's who they are, who they like, not for you to judge.
Yeah, I'm a girl, I have a girlfriend. I myself am a bisexual/pansexual, are you going to judge me and stop reading this review now because I told you I'm bi/pan?! It's the 21st century! Wake up and smell the daisies. We have all this technology which back in the 19th/20th century would be classed as 'witchcraft' being gay back them was also classed as 'witchcraft' so why do people still feel repulsed about gay/bi/pan people?!
Honestly, I think no one is 100% straight, I bet at least once, you've felt something for someone of the same sex and it's nothing to be ashamed of, it doesn't make you bisexual or gay either, it makes you human. Why do we even use the word 'gay' for the technical term homosexual? Gay means happy, so by calling someone whon is gay 'gay' as an insult, you're calling them happy ergo making them happier than you- see the logic?
Okay, so now I'm moving on to NIMBY syndrome as my friends have experienced this- with them being gay/bisexual like me. NIMBY means 'not in my backyard' meaning they'll say stuff like 'awh, I don't mind gay people expressing themselves etc...' but when you tell them you're gay/bisexual or whatever they suddenly get all touchy, it's like 'I thought you didn't mind people gay?! Oh my God.' These people, in my opinion, are worse than being Homophobic because they're acting more judgmental, especially if they're one of your friends, it's awful.
Another thing that annoys me is when you finally come out people of your sexual orientation who may be straight say these 7 words and it's like, what the hell?! They say 'ew, you don't fancy me do you?!' When people say this to me I kick off! I'm sorry but I'm sure I have far better taste than you. Your face is orange, you backcomb your hair awfully and you wear bright pink lipstick. Fuck off flattering yourself. I will NEVER fancy you girls.
Why is it as well that a girl can't have short hair without being called a 'dyke' or a 'lesbian' I mean what?! No. That doesn't work. At all. I've got shoulder length hair and I'm still bisexual/pansexual. Hair does NOT determine how straight/gay you are. Same goes for the male gender as well. Some 'straight' Homophobic people need to grow some balls and say to someone who is gay 'hey, I respect your sexuality the same way you respect mine' It's not as if gay people go up to straight people and start disrespecting their sexual orientation just because they're not gay.
Gay pride people! I hope at least one straight person who reads this will go to a gay pride this year to support gay beliefs even though their straight.
Much love for now though fellow Jellyfoxers
Jasmine the Jellyfox x


No comments:

Post a Comment