Saturday 17 March 2012

Copy cats.

Okay, so you ever had the most brilliant idea ever, tell it to someone and they use it before you even have the chance? I know I have and I'm just sat there like 'erm, where's my credit?! I gave you the idea!' I mean it's flattering that people like your ideas and such but seriously, there's a thing called originality, if you're going to steal someone else's idea, at least add in your own touch.
Now, what bugs me more about this is when the girls at school have Paul's Boutique jackets and claim that everyone's copying them because they're wearing PB, it's like no. You choose to follow that crowd, if you want to be original, stop wearing it. Some people WILL have the same clothes as you, it's the way you wear them which makes you original. My fashion sense is quite abstract, I have my idols, but if I'm going to 'copy' them, I add my own twist to it which makes it original.
Copy 'cats' really bug me because when people see your ideas by them, they get all the attention and don't even credit you. I mean, I don't like the 'limelight' or attention or whatever, but if something is my style or my idea and they steal it, it pisses me right off! And when people say you're copying them! It's like no, I was like this before you, shut up and get a grip!
If you've ever had this happen to you before, you'll understand because I think some of you readers will be just reading this like 'what?' So yeah, just needed a little bit of a rant. I sometimes feel a bit like Vince Noir with Lance Dior!

No comments:

Post a Comment